Pattern Digger Version History
- Improved search algorithm.
- New: Added right-click context menu for path control (ability to quickly choose new search folder).
- New: User configurable comment delimiters.
- New: Window title reflects user selection.
- Changed: Export function honors the currently active filters.
- Changed: Added one more line of text to the results row.
- Changed: Matches count/notes/files are updated automatically when search is refined.
- New: Support for DITA (xml) file type.
- New: File info popover. Right click on the file name row will show a popover with additional information.
- New: Added option to leave a keyword with note.
- Changed: Search for notes outside of comment lines is now default option.
- Changed: 'Inside all files' will stay always on the top for easier selection.
- Improved: Improved data migration for older documents.
- Changed: Selecting the same directory as the currently active directory will rescan the project.
- Improved: Improved file/text encoding detection. Wrong encoding might cause the scan to skip the file.
- Fixed: Notes count in a file was incorrect on keyword change.
- New: Ability to sort files by the count of notes in a file or filename.
- Changed: Adding a folder to exclusion list will add all sub-folders and files recursively.
- Scan speed improvements and minor fixes.
- Added: The last used document will be auto-loaded on startup.
- Added: Autosave on application close (autosave will start once a document is saved).
- Fixed: Possible crash when loading an older document (created with an older version of the app.) on MacOS 10.8.3.
- New: Ability to assign priority flag to an annotation.
- New: Ability to sort annotations by priority or file to which they belong.
- New: Added support for markdown hyperlinks. Hyperlinks will be extracted and clickable inside a table row.
- Changed: Use alternate row colors and display count options are turned on by default.
- Improved syntax highlighting for Quick Preview.
- Fixed: Relaunch was required after toggling monitor for changes in Preference pane.
- Fixed: When a keyword was removed while scan was in progress, some matches for the keyword weren't deleted.
- New: Support for moving between table views with keyboard, return key opens the selected file in the text editor.
- New: Better support for markdown files with different extensions.
- Changed: If default text editor has been set, quick editor will use it instead of the system default.
- Fixed: File change detection. All changes to a project are properly detected on the next launch or the project load.
- Fixed: Crash when a file changes and on the next launch parent folder is selected without keywords set.
- App Store license migration for direct build/demo version.
- Fixed possible crash with quick preview.
- Added option to set default text editor.
- Added option to search annotations outside comment lines
- Quick Preview highlights syntax in source code and jumps right to the selected annotation line.
- Annotate source code with images. If a comment line contains image link (in Markdown format), the image will be displayed when taking a QuickLook.
- Added quick editor. Easy jumping between all the specific comments inside a file.
- Added color picker to set custom color for a keyword.
- Fixed issue when file with no comments would appear in the files list.
- Search speed improved.
- New/removed files are properly handled.
- Double click on a file name in files table opens the file in default editor.
- Interface tweaks.
- Improved comment detection.
- Added support for Ruby, Perl multiline comments.
- Added option to use alternating row background colors for results table view.
Version 0.95 Beta